- He said he was going to beat me so badly I’d have bruises for months. I’m so excited!”
- “I’m ok if you spank me, scratch me, bite me, flog me, whip me, cane me, paddle me, punch me, or slap me, but I can’t stand it if you tickle me.”
- “We love choking all the pretty girls.”
- “I need to poke another hole through my belt. Does anyone have a knife?” -almost everyone in the conversation, and several others nearby pull out knives-
- “I’m trying to hang this from my ceiling, but I’ve got nothing to hold it up there with.” “UGH! The ONE time I don’t bring my rope..”
- “My leash hasn’t come in yet.” “It’s ok, I’ve got rope.”
- “I forgot my cuffs.” “It’s ok, I’ve got rope.”
“I don’t have a strap-on harness.” “It’s ok, I’ve got rope.”
- “We need more rope.”
- -Says while ordering drinks at a bar- “I told her I wasn’t going to drink tonight, but I’m ordering drinks on purpose. She doesn’t look like she’s pleased. I’m hoping to get punished tonight!”
- “I’m not a furry, I just like dressing up as a puppy and having my owner take me for walks.”
- “Hey, I’m George. I also go by Sean, but they call me Bob. But my FetLife name is SuperFunktastic09732. And in case you’re wondering, none of those are my real name.”
- “Yeah, I met her while she was pegging my boyfriend. She’s really nice.”
- “I had a good time. I got tied up, beaten, fucked, electrocuted, and then we cuddled and got ice cream after.”
- “Wanna come to the park with us? We’re tying people up and dangling them from trees.”
- “Did I ever tell you about the last time we tried installing a stripper pole in one of my residences?”
- “I usually use scented candles for lighting people on fire with. It helps with the smell of burnt hair.”
- “Sorry, I’m a bit sore from getting fucksawed last night.”
- “Remember that time we tied you to the batting cage in the park during the middle of the night? Good times.”
“Smile beautiful” is a cat call. It’s giving me an order to act in a way that I don’t necessarily feel, because the caller thinks he has the right to dictate my behavior to me. When you get ordered to smile 20 minutes after you’ve been told you have cancer, you might understand what “inappropriate sense of entitlement” means. (Yes, this happened.) If I am in distress, I don’t fucking have to smile.
“Oh”, but you say, “I didn’t know you were in distress.” Exactly. You know nothing about me, so are not entitled to tell me how to feel or how to act.
“It’s not because it’s politically and morally correct. It’s right for Doctor Who, isn’t it? It’s cheeky and off-centered. And fun.”
“It makes Canton more fun. ”
“…if you remember in Utopia… It has a scene where Captain Jack and the Doctor are lightly comically flirting with each other and it’s rather charming. It’s just played for charm, it’s not really suggestive that they are really flirting. Just silly old souls.”
- a great deal of show creators/writers are aware of fandom and slash. people have been tweeting creators/actors their fanfiction for a really long time.
- also Google is a thing.
- as is the New York Times, TIME, The Guardian and many other news sources.
- fandom and fanfiction is not a secret; the idea that slash is popular among women is not a secret and that involvement with fandom creates loyal fans.
- thus creators and writers will throw little bones to fandom via queerbaiting
- this is sort of bad
- queerbaiting involves fetishizing queerness but never committing to it. queerbaiting is like playing gay chicken, queerbaiting is meant to tantalize but not explore the relationship, queer baiting is the equivalent of telling your friend you care but then screaming loudly as possible NO HOMO
- queerbaiting is not progress
- thank you for letting me use bullet points